3 May 2011

The broken board

The other day, we found a skateboard in the creek. I pulled it out and had a look - it was cracked in the middle, severely waterlogged and caked with dirt and rust.

Photobucket

Some kids had rigged up an ingenious vehicle with a baby's car seat sitting on top of a skateboard and were rolling down a hill nearby, really having a ball. I clued them in on the skateboard I found in the creek and they rushed over there to see what the cool guy had told them about. Rosie looked on, bemused. The next day, the board was still there, sitting on the creek bank. It was useless. I guessed it had been left outside by someone after it broke, then washed away in the recent floods.

Photobucket

This morning, only half of it remained. I suppose the last bit of pleasure it could offer someone was the satisfaction of breaking it in two. I wonder if it was those kids. The little rascals.

Photobucket

What strange magic brought it to our doorstep? One can only ponder.

Photobucket

No comments: