27 September 2011

weekend

Tess and I were exploring down by the creek the other day, when we came across this skate spot! I fell in the creek in the process of getting closer to examine it.

Photobucket

A posse gathered at our place for a skate in the wilderness. I can't recall exactly what we found so amusing here. It may have been Tim's cap.

Photobucket

My skate coverage is slipping. We hit three parks, of which Yea is by far the superior. I believe Joey is about to fall over here. He does that a lot, it's quite unnerving.

Photobucket

Jason is back from a month away in his Canadian homeland. We are all stoked to have him back, none more so than Marcelle.

Photobucket

Dave performed an amazing alley-oop manouvre over the hip.

Photobucket

Scenic stuff

Photobucket

That evening, it was the Gasometer's first birthday celebrations, which I have been looking forward to for some time. Strangely though, it was full of people I had never seen before - younger people than I. They all wear glasses and beanies and talk about clothes and look at each other furtively. Scottie tried to put on a brave face.

Photobucket

Part of an ongoing series shot by Scottie, a sort of goodbye as he bailed out from the evening. Rosie is suitably disturbed.

Photobucket

We had some fun times, wished Kody and Liege well, ate some ribs and drank some great free beer, and kept it pretty sedate. I guess I was just expecting some sort of Cheers like craziness, but it's bigger than me.

Photobucket

We went to a BBQ at Kate, Alana and Nadia's house, which used to be my house too. Tess was loving the attention from two of her faves - Charlotte and Bonnie Bee.

Photobucket

Kate's mum had brought a swag of free make-up for all the ladies in the house, which Georgia wasted no time in getting involved in. "Straight to the blog" she observed as I clicked this shot. Indeed.

Photobucket

It was good to catch up with old housemate Alana, who showed me her artwork and interesting chord playing stringed instrument.

Photobucket

No comments: