4 October 2011

Bday weekend

Let's kick things off with a photo of Joey playing with an air horn. He got some decent volume out of that thing - really annoying stuff!

Photobucket

Here he is again, amongst the crowd at my birthday drinks! We had the back room at Long Play, which is conveniently located just a few thousand centimetres from our place.

Photobucket

Sam having a taste of my espresso martini - one of several delicious cocktails I ingested.

Photobucket

The lovely Romy, with Amanda propping up the window in the background.

Photobucket

Jase

Photobucket

The lads kicked in and got me some new kicks! Thanks lads.

Photobucket

Andy and Duncan.

Photobucket

I must have been getting pretty abstract by this point. Rosie looks on adoringly, while Emilio is obviously amazed at the previously unrevealed depths of my intelligence.

Photobucket

The bar closed eventually, so a few of us hit the streets in search of... something.

Photobucket

That something turned out to be more drinks, at the Gasometer.

Photobucket

The worried look in designated driver Sam's eye speaks volumes.

Photobucket

Must have been getting a bit late. Thank god for that espresso martini!

Photobucket

Our gracious publicans let us stay on for a few. Sorry if I was ridiculous, guys!

Photobucket

The rest of the weekend was spent in a horrendously haungover state, which is not to say it wasn't fun. I just stopped taking photos, which is a shame, because we set up some massive obstacles from Joey's work at the museum and skated the absolute crap out of them.

Photobucket

Lovely Rosie came to pick us up.

Photobucket

I managed to snaggle us a couple of tickets to see Jonathan Safran Foer talk on Sunday night. Quite the parallel (in terms of family background and interests) life to my own. He had a lot of interesting stuff to say. I liked him!

Photobucket

No comments: