13 January 2011

What can I say?

G'day Australia. As I sit at my dining table, the rain pouring down outside, washing hanging on the toe-catching trestle, the TV tuned to coverage of the floods in Brisbane and muted from the comical strains of Karl Stefanovic, I think to myself: time to blog.

I realised that in all the fuss before xmas, I forgot to cover a few important events. One of these was the launch of Mel and Georgia's amazing calendar, featuring photos of semi-naked blokes set against collages made from National Geographic magazines.

Photobucket

They held the launch at this awesome bar that I would love to write up for work, but I can't because it's in some chap's backyard.

Photobucket

It was nice to see a few faces I've missed lately, particularly Georgia.

Photobucket

Tim is Mr July! Jason and Rick look on approvingly and some might say a little enviously.

Photobucket

It was Callum's 21st birthday before xmas also. Quiet a crowd had gathered at his house, just down the road from our place.

Photobucket

His dad serenaded him with bagpipes, and Syd made a special short film of Callum skating. There was heaps of great food. It was really nice.

Photobucket

Scottie's back from NYC in a big way. Voltron is forming again, even if he does still have a bung leg.

Photobucket

On a whim the other day, we went to taco Bills for their half-price margarita Friday. Turns out the deal is a crock, but their full price margaritas aren't half bad!

Photobucket

They give you a ridiculous hat if you buy a jug.

Photobucket

Shona dropped by and drowned her babysitting sorrows.

Photobucket

We only got two hats, but we all took turns wearing them, because they're so good.

Photobucket

In other news, Tess has been well. Here she is, inspecting a makeshift bridge over the creek.

Photobucket

We went to see one of Rosie's faves Lawrence Arabia play two nights in a row. He's quite a talented fellow, complete with trademark NZ dry wit, tunefulness, skinny legs and spot on social commentary.

Photobucket

Bret and I went and ate pho - it was delicious.

Photobucket

Chatted to Joe on the internet, even virtually met his son Ellwood. Amongst other things, we discussed the new release from his Izrock pressings of Keegan's photo book Hot Dudes.

Photobucket

I visited Keegan and had a look at the book, which is causing quite a stir on the internet. It's great. He also gave me some orange shoes.

Photobucket

No comments: