7 April 2014

Big big bike ride

Over the weekend, I went away with Scottie to the countryside to go on a big bike ride.

It's called Soigneur and it's for people who are really into cycling. I went along because I'm writing a story about it and have never really understood the attraction of the lycra and the jazzy road bikes. I figured the best way to find out was to give it a go.


Here's Scottie with Andy, the photographer who followed us around in a van along with Fergus the mechanic. Andy is cool and reminded me a lot of a young skate photographer. I asked him if he photographs anything besides cycling and he said not really, because that was all he was interested in. I can respect that!


This is Jason, who puts on the weekends with Daniel. They plan it all out, go on the rides and also prepare all the food.


That's Daniel on the left. They organised for me to come along and even sorted me out with a bike and stretchy outfits from Specialized bikes.


We stayed in cottages near Venus Bay, right at the end of a heavily corrugated gravel road. Oh how I cursed that road.

The rides were really fun and intense. I've never felt so tired in my life. I look forward to writing the story about it. Thanks everyone who helped make it happen. Man I'm sore.



No comments: